Discover. . .
- What it's like not to be concerned with viruses —at all.
- How to deploy the same OS and software on multiple workstations without licensing fees.
- Free software available for your expanding needs.
- The pleasure and the power of being able to customize your own operating system.
- A well-designed disk filesystem that supports your system's performance.
...the MEPIS Linux OS
- MEPIS Linux was founded by industry veteran Warren Woodford in November 2002, wanting something that “just works.”
- The first version was released May 2003 and soon broke into the Top 10 on Distrowatch.
- Twin goals of the OS are stability and ease of use.
- The rock solid base derives from Debian Stable.
- Core development remains in Warren's hands, though members of the MEPIS Users Community contribute code as well.
- A Community Repository allows users to enjoy the MEPIS stability without forsaking progress in applications.
- More than one OS installed, so that you choose which you want when you boot.
- A complete OS you can boot and run from a CD-ROM or USB stick without installation.
- The ability to view and copy files from another OS, even if it won't boot up.
- An easy method to use another OS, including Windows, in a virtual environment so you don't have to keep rebooting back and forth.