From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
!!! Warning! The info contained in this article pertains to older versions of MEPIS !!!
- Switch on your camera in 'play' mode and plug it in; see if a camera icon appears on the desktop.
- Start digikam, click on camera, then 'add camera' and then on 'auto detect'.
- Find out more about using a camera with digikam
- If it does not appear check to see if it is on this list. Google for the keywords 'gphoto2' and the make and model of your camera. Look for a changelog that includes your model. Check the version of the changelog and compare it to the output of
May need to compile a new version of gphoto2.
- If your camera is visible as a USB device in KInfoCenter, make sure your userid is a member of the 'camera' group (see KUser for directions)