From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
KDE4 (MEPIS 8.5 and MEPIS 11)
To change wallpaper, right-click the desktop and select "Folder View Settings". There are various settings for the image to use, scaling, and downloading new wallpapers.
For the weather wallpaper, right click on the desktop > Desktop Settings > Wallpaper Type change to Weather Change, from the dialog that comes up type in your City/Town amd change the Provider to suit using the Search button, Then Apply, and the desktop will now reflect your local weather.
KDE4.5 (MEPIS 11)
Enable Different Wallpapers for Individual Desktops
System Settings (crossed tools icon) > Window Behavior (window icon) > Virtual Desktops
Click to select "Different Widgets for Each Desktop".
Click "Apply" in the bottom right corner.
Note that, in addition to different wallpapers for each desktop, you will need to add widgets to each desktop. Also, you can setup one desktop in "folder view" and set another in "desktop" view.
To change the wallpaper, follow these steps:
1. Middle-click an empty part of the desktop, and select Configure Desktop...
2. Look for the Background section on the KDesktop screen that comes up
3. Select an option:
- Choose to have no wallpaper, leaving a blank blue screen
- Click the pull-down menu to search among the wallpapers supplied with the application (stored in /usr/share/wallpapers)
- Click the small folder icon to the right of the pull-down menu to navigate to where you have stored other wallpapers (e.g., /home/username/Wallpapers) or images (e.g., /home/username/Pictures)
- Click the Slide show button to open up a dialog box that enables you to select pictures for a slide show
4. Below the image of the monitor is a button Get New Wallpapers that will present a list of wallpapers from KDE-Look.org. When you choose one and click install, it is downloaded and stored in /home/username/.kde/share/wallpapers