Create a hidden user
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
Creating a Hidden user
- Open system menu > MEPIS User Assistant > Add now create your hidden user
- Alt f2 kdesu kcontrol > System Administration > Login Manager > Users now tick the user you want to hide and apply.
- Now reboot and when the graphical user screen appears type in your hidden username and password
- Now System Menu > File System > File Manager, navigate to /home
- Right click your hidden user > properties > permissions > now Owner can view and modify content and set group and users to forbidden, tick changes to subfolders and contents. Now you are hidden at boot and your hidden user is protected from non-root users if they open up home.