Enable Power Management
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
In MEPIS 7 or 8, power management is usually carried out with Kpowersave, though it is also possible to follow the directions in the "Use" section below.
Only for MEPIS versions before 6.5.
If you have 6.5 or greater, you can skip to the second part.
- Type in Konsole or Run Command "kdesu kwrite" (this will open kwrite in super user mode).
- Open /etc/X11/xorg.conf file in kwrite. It's a good idea to make a copy of the file in case of trouble. (for older version of Mepis: you need to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file)
- Find #Option 'DPMS' 'true' line and delete the # sign.
- Save the file and exit kwrite.
Then, in the Start - Control Center:
- Go to Peripherals -> Display -> Power Control tab.
- Select Enable display power management and set the desired times for Stand-by and Power-off.
- Click the Apply button.
- Restart X (Shortcut: Ctrl-Alt-Backspace). This is the same as restarting your session, closing all applications.