From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
Sending a FAX
- Use an internet fax service. Choice and price of service depends on volume and services needed, see this fax price comparison.
- Get your modem working, consulting this page if necessary.
- To set up the generic printers in KDE (so you can produce a PostScript file), see this page.
- Use Efax-gtk on Postscript documents.
**Print out / export the thing you wish to fax to PDF (use kprinter, OOo's export to PDF, Firefox print to PDF), then install efax-gtk and send the file via efax
- Use KdeprintFax (included with MEPIS from 6.5 on) on documents in common formats such as *.doc, *.rtf, *.html, or *.txt
- For Open Office 3, consult the documentation.