MEPIS irc channel
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
How to connect to live chat
For day to day use it is best to use a proper Internet Relay Chat (IRC) program such as xchat to connect. You can install it with:
apt-get install xchat, or you can use other IRC clients. The server is chat.freenode.net and the channel is #mepis
Only if you are unable to use an IRC program, it is possible to connect to the chat through your web-browser. Just go to this page and change the nickname as well as the two drop-down boxes to chat.freenode.net and #mepis. So just to re-iterate: you change all three of the fields away from the default, then click 'login'.
- #mepis-es - spanish language channel
- #mepis-dk - danish language channel
- #mepisitalia - italian language channel
- Keep off-topic conversations in the #mepis-nightcrew channel.
- Religion, Politics, and Porn/sexual art are considered off topic by default.
- Do not flood the channel with outputs of commands or files, use the pastebin listed below.
- Don't let a discussion get out of control, you will be banned.
- Do not send a Private Message (PM) to anyone without prior permission.
- If possible ask questions in the channel, let everyone learn from your problems. This is its purpose!
- Please don't ask to ask a question, just ask it.
- Be willing to wait a few minutes if you don't get an answer - not everyone is always there.
- Certain groups may monitor the conversations in #mepis. Discussions about illegal materials, piracy, warez, and drugs are explicitly forbidden.
- Google it before you ask a question, and please search the wiki.
- Please register your nick with nickserv.