Linksys WUSB12, prism2 usb chipset
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
How to configure Linksys WUSB12, prism2_usb chipset with SimplyMEPIS 3.3.1
!!! Warning! The info contained in this article pertains to older versions of MEPIS !!!
1. Open MEPIS OS Center and leave loopback interface enable at start up time and disable it in all other interfaces; etho, eth1, ath0, wlan0, etc. Do not configure any wireless settings through MEPIS OS Center.
2. Open terminal as root and execute the following command and reboot computer with the USB adapter unplugged:
ln -s /sbin/wlanctl /sbin/wlanctl-ng
3. Log back in and plug the USB adapter in, wait for the hotplug scripts to initiliaze the adapter. Verified that the adapter loaded its driver correctly with the command:
tail /var/log messages
4. If everything OK so far proceed with the following steps to configure the wlan0
5. Execute the following command:
cp /etc/wlan/wlancfg-DEFAULT /etc/wlan/wlancfg-YourSSIDnamehere
6. Edit /etc/wlan/wlan.conf and change the SSID_wlan0 line to:
7. Create the following shell script containing the following commands:
#! /bin/sh wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid=YourSSIDnamehere authtype=opensystem ifconfig wlan0 yourIP netmask yourNetmask broadcast yourBroadcast route add default gw yourGateway
Also, don't forget to set up your resolv.conf to point at your DNS server.
8. Run the shell script as root to start your wireless connection.