MEPIS doesn't boot to graphical login
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
(Redirected from Mepis doesn't boot to graphical login)
- Bad download, to test this possibility: Check the integrity of the downloaded file
- Bad CD, Check the integrity of a Live CD
- Video card was not detected correctly, try the following:
- Boot using Safeboot option at GRUB menu.
- If that doesn't solve the problem: reboot, highlight the kernel you want to boot to and edit the kernel line by adding the options vga=normal and xdrvr=vesa, if xdrvr=vesa doesn't help, try with xdrvr=fbdev.
- Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) conflicts with the motherboard: Try:
If the problem developed after you installed and changed some video configurations or you upgraded MEPIS, but you do NOT get graphical (KDM) login when you boot MEPIS, then try to:
- Boot with Live CD.
- Log in with root login and password.
- Start MEPIS X-Windows Assistant.
- On the Repair tab, select the drive and partition where MEPIS is installed from the pull-down menus
- Click Apply