Migrating Windows Contacts
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
MEPIS comes with a contacts/calendar/personal information management tool called Kontact.
If you saved your address book from Windows, you can now import your contacts into Kontact. Kontact can import address book data from a variety of formats, including Exchange PAB, CSV, vCard, Eudora, LDIF (Thunderbird) and Opera. If you have exported or converted your address book data to a supported format, you can import it into Kontact using this method:
- Launch Kontact from "K menu => Office => Personal Information Manager (Kontact)".
- Click on the "Contacts" icon on the left
- Click on "File = > Import" and select the file type that matches the file type you exported your data to.
- Select you file and click "Open"
- Your addresses should be available for use.