Monitor refresh rate
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
!!! Warning! The info contained in this article pertains to older versions of MEPIS !!!
The information in this article pertains to SimplyMEPIS 3.4
If the desired refresh rate is not available in Settings -> Monitor&Display -> Refresh box then you need to add your monitor model in MEPIS X config utility (available in MEPIS System in older version and in MEPIS X-Windows Assistant for 6.5 and upper). After you save the change you need to restart KDE
If you don't find your monitor in that list you can do it manually by adding a correct MODELINE for your monitor in /etc/X11/xorg.conf file
- Calculate it using "gtf" utility. For example gtf 1280 1024 60 calculates the modeline for 1280x1024 at 60Hz. You could also use this online modeline calculator
- Open the file as root by typing kdesu kwrite /etc/X11/xorg.conf
- Add the result in xorg.conf (delete the rest of MODELINES).
- You might need to add this option in Monitor section: Option "UseEdidFreqs" "false"
- Save file and restart KDE