Quick Fixes for 6.0
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki!!! Warning! The info contained in this article pertains to older versions of MEPIS !!!
After a fresh installation people find useful to perform these changes
- Change Measure Units
- Change GTK theme and fonts
- Change the Monitor Resolution
- Change the Monitor Refresh Rate
- Change the boot order in case you want other OS to start first.
- Change Weather Applet.
- Adjust the wireless connection
- Disable Clearing Apt-get Cache at Boot Time
- Edit Kicker make changes in Kicker (task bar).
- Change the desktop wallpaper
- Enable Java in OpenOffice
- Enable Monitor Stand-By
- Install Automatix
- Install new kernel for 686, k7, multiprocessor, multicore, hyperthreaded machines
- Make Media players work
- Remove Services that you don't need
- Screensaver fix (before 6.5)