From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
Programs used for accessing remotely the desktop
- KRfb program (=KDE Desktop Sharing). Depending on your version of MEPIS it may be preinstalled. If it is, you can start it either from K Menu -> Internet -> Connection -> krfb or by typing "krfb" in terminal or in run command. If it is not, then install the package through your usual method. See the Handbook for details.
- NX Server -- a very good program for remote access. Offers great performance.
- Your computer should have either a real IP address, or if it uses NAT, your have to forward the port used by the remote access programs to the local IP address assigned to your computer.
- Make sure your firewall doesn't block the port that's used for remote connections.
- Make sure that your IP address doesn't change, if you don't have control over it, try the free Dynamic DNS service offered by http://www.dyndns.com