From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
You can remove programs with:
apt-get -- in terminal as root
- the command is "apt-get remove packagename" (use TAB for autocompletion of the package name)
- to remove completely the configuration files use "apt-get remove --purge packagename"
- Select the package and select "Uninstall", provide the password when prompted
- To remove more packages, select multiple packages by clicking in the "mark" column and select: "Uninstall Marked"
- Right click on the package and select "Mark for removal" or "Mark for complete removal" (this deletes the configuration files too) -> Click "Apply"
dpkg -- in terminal as root
- dpkg -r packagename
- dpkg -P packagename (symilar to apt-get remove --purge)
Removing Software installed with "make install"
- make uninstall
- if the previous method doesn't work, run "make -n install" to find out what files to remove.