Word Processing using OpenOffice.org Writer
From MEPIS Documentation Wiki
This is a project page to create a ICDL/ECDL course for MEPIS 6.0. This page is specifically for updating the OpenOffice section which will be equally useful for other Linux distributions or even proprietary OS's who wanted to use OpenOffice 2 in their ICDL courseware. This work will be largely derived from work done by the Open ICDL project, but it needs to be updated for 2.0 where appropriate.
The original (and therefore any derivatives such as this project) are released under these conditions;
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 You are free: To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work, To make derivative works, To make commercial use of the work Under the following conditions: by Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor who is; David Varley ICDL Foundation Copyright © 2004 ICDL Foundation
Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one. For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Instructions for volunteers
- Please click ' Create an account or log in ' at the top right-hand corner of this page. It will take 24 hours to receive your login to help to deter malicious edits.
- Important Please make sure the above license notice is included in any page where you have created a derivative work. Please also make sure that the above notice is included in the description of any images that are copied across.
- Using your mouse right click on the following link to the ICDL source and select 'open link in new tab'.
- The list of chapters is at the bottom of this page. Right click on the entry that has please work on this chapter written next to it, and select 'open link in new tab'.
- Right click on this ICDL formatting conventions page, select 'open link in new tab'. If you establish additional conventions please list them on this page.
- If there is no text in the tab that you opened in step 4, then please copy and paste the text from the corresponding section of the the ICDL source.
- If you make changes to the text please note them in the 'discussion' tab which is at the top of each page.
- Save your work at least every 30 mins or so. Consider installing this crash recovery extension.
- By contributing to this project you accept that your work will be released under the license terms that are at the top of this page.
ICDL Word Processing Chapter 1. Using the Application - please work on this chapter