- MEPIS should work automatically in a LAN environment, including LAN connected Cable Modems.
- MEPIS works with some DSL providers and not with others.
- MEPIS works with most WiFi cards. Some people with Broadcom chips may experience problems. The Broadcom chips are sometimes used by Apple, Belkin, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, Compaq, and Linksys
- MEPIS includes builtin support for many modems including some popular WinModems.
- Dialup ISPs
- Dialup ISP configuration is very similar to MS-Windows.
Linux is not compatible with ISPs that require special MS-Windows software when connecting to their network. This includes AOL and NetZero.
- MS Networking Neighborhood
- MEPIS is compatible with MS Networking and can operate as a member of a MS Workgroup, but the MS network must use TCPIP, not NetBEUI.
Some users have reported problems logging into Win2K boxes from MEPIS. This is probably a configuration issue.